このページの先頭です

Yamanouchi Pier

Last updated date:2021/5/14

Photograph of Yamanouchi Pier
Yamanouchi Pier


The construction of Yamanouchi Pier, along with Takashima Pier, began construction in 1928 and completed in 1932 as a pier for domestic trade. After World War II, it was used for ships on Southeast Asia and Middle East/Near East route services. In line with the development of Minato Mirai 21 District, the pier was redeveloped to be earthquake-resistant (a total berth length of 130m), so it will be used as the base of urgent supplies in times of emergency.
On December 1st, 2008, about 1.2km Portside Arterial Road was newly opened. Together with the existing opened section, the road of about 3.2km links Shinko Pier and Mizuho Pier via Yamanouchi Pier.
A shed on the pier has also been used as a base for accumulation and transportation of recyclable materials since 2003 when“Yokohama G30”plan started in response to the rapid increase in export of recyclable papers and clothes, which are caused by rapid internationalization of material cycling.

<Access>
3 minutes from Chuo-shijo Iriguchi on Route 15

<Area>
20.2ha

Outline of Facilithies 

pier

BerthBerth Length(m)Depth(m)
Yamanouchi PierYamanouchi Pier Wharf1307.5

Jump to

return to previous page

Page ID:280-398-324

Back to Top