このページの先頭です

Mizuho Pier

Last updated date:2019/3/18

Photograph of Mizuho Pier
Mizuho Pier

The Construction of Mizuho Pier began in 1925 and was completed in 1945. After World War Ⅱ, the pier was requisitioned by the U.S. forces stationed in Japan and since the peace treaty was concluded, it has been in use as the U.S. forces facilities offered by Japan. Still at present, seven berths(a total length of 1,295m)are used by the U.S.Army in Japan and they are commonly called as "North pier".
In March 2003, a new public pier began operation upon completion of the reclamation work whcih had been executed adjacent to the North pier in 1996. It is targeted to operate as a building material pier handling mainly sand and gravel.
The large wind turbine (wind power plant), which can be seen anywhere in the Port of Yokohama is located on this Mizuho Pier. It also includes a private pier called Suzushige Pier.
Access
5 minutes from Kanagawa nichome intersection on Route 15
Area
79.7ha

Outline of Facilities
PierBerthBerth Length(m)Depth(m)
Mizuho Pier

Mizuho Pier Wharf

17010.5

Jump to

return to previous page

Page ID:210-169-097

Back to Top