Garbage which the City of Yokohama does not collect
Air conditioners, televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, clothes driers.
The City of Yokohama does not collect these items. Please apply to have items such as these disposed using one of the following methods. (Charge applies)
If requesting someone to come and collect items on your behalf
- Apply at the store where you purchased the item.
- Apply at the store where you are purchasing a replacement item.
- Apply to the Yokohama Appliance Recycling Promotion Council. (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
Tel: 0120-014-353 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Saturday (excluding national holidays. Saturdays until 5 p.m.)
Tel: 0120-632-515 9 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m., Monday - Saturday (excluding national holidays. Saturdays until 4 p.m.)
In either case, a collection company specified by the Yokohama Appliance Recycling Promotion Council will take your call and come to collect your item.
If taking items to a designated collection location by yourself
Please pay the recycling fee in advance at a post office and take your items to one of the below designated collection locations.
- TOSHIBA ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS CORPORATION Tel: 501-5477 20-1 Kanseicho, Tsurumi-ku (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
- Sugaya Metal Co., Ltd. Tel: 591-6266 1-25-33 Hayabuchi, Tsuzuki-ku (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd. Kanagawa East Branch Distribution Center Tel: 929-6122 433 Saedocho, Tsuzuki-ku (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
- TOA-BUTSURYUU.KK Kanagawa Office Tel: 620-5618 21-5 Gokanmecho Seya-ku (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
- SBS Sokuhai Support Co., Ltd., Sachiura Depot Tel: 374-5563 2-6-4 Sachiura, Kanazawa-ku (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
Please dispose of personal computers using one of the following methods.
- Apply to the manufacturer.
- Apply to the PC3R Promotion Association (Tel: 03-5282-7685 (*Inquiries in Japanese only), website: www.pc3r.jp(external site)（外部サイト）)
- Personal computers that can be posted through the chute of a recycling box for small home appliances can also be recycled as small home appliances.
- Peripheral devices such as printers, scanners and keyboards are disposed of as burnable garbage if under 50 cm in size, or as oversized garbage if 50 cm in size or above.
Other garbage which the City of Yokohama does not collect
- You may need to elicit the services of a disposal company in the event of large volumes of waste generated when moving house, pruning garden trees and bushes, etc. In such cases, please consult with the Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau office.
- Please consult with the vendor or a Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau office concerning items that are difficult to dispose of properly, such as propane gas tanks, kerosene, gasoline, paint, pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, tires, small rechargeable batteries, pianos, fireproof safes, etc.
- For fire extinguishers, contact the Fire Extinguisher Recycling Promotion Center (Tel: 03-5829-6773 Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00 13:00-17:00 (except holidays) *Inquiries in Japanese only), (Website: www.ferpc.jp(external site)（外部サイト）).
Recyclable resource collection
All neighborhood associations (organizations formed by people living close to each other) etc. provide their own recyclable resource collection service for used paper and used cloth and clothing, which households in Yokohama City can leave out at designated collection sites.
Collection boxes for recyclables
Collection boxes for recyclables such as newspapers, magazines, other paper, paper cartons, and cloth are located at some ward offices, community centers, sports centers, etc.
You can bring recyclables to your ward's Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau office (in Midori Ward, to Nagasakadani Yard), such as used paper, used cloth and clothing, cans, bottles, PET bottles, plastic containers/wrapping, small metal items, etc.
Recycling of small home appliances
Recycling boxes for small home appliances are located at Yokohama City Hall, ward offices, some community facilities, some supermarkets and hardware stores, and Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau offices.
These boxes are intended for items which are powered by electricity or batteries with a length of under 30 cm, and which fit in the box's chute measuring 30cm × 15cm. Please take out the batteries and place the item directly in the chute. When doing so, please do not put items in bags.
You cannot put fluorescent lamps or incandescent bulbs in these boxes.
Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau offices
Please contact your ward's Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau office to ask about garbage disposal procedures, collection, and collection sites.
If you do not understand Japanese, please ask someone who can speak Japanese to call on your behalf.
- Opening hours: 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday - Saturday
List of Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau offices (*Inquiries in Japanese only)
|Name of office||Telephone number||Location|
|Tsurumi Office||045-502-5383||39 Onocho, Tsurumi-ku 230-0046|
|3-1-43 Chiwakacho, Kanagawa-ku 221-0036|
|11-4 Hamamatsucho, Nishi-ku 220-0055|
|11-2 Nishikicho, Naka-ku 231-0812|
|1-1-2 Mutsumicho, Minami-ku 232-0041|
|8-4-41 Konandai, Konan-ku 234-0054|
|355 Karibacho, Hodogaya-ku 240-0025|
|2-8-1 Shirane, Asahi-ku 241-0005|
|6 Shin-isogocho, Isogo-ku 235-0017|
|2-2-6 Sachiura, Kanazawa-ku 236-0003|
|1238 Mamedocho, Kohoku-ku 222-0032|
|5-1-15 Nagatsutaminamidai, Midori-ku 226-0018|
|2039-1 Ichigaocho, Aoba-ku 225-0024|
|27-2 Hiradai, Tsuzuki-ku 224-0064|
|415-8 Kawakamicho, Totsuka-ku 244-0805|
|1570-1 Kamigocho, Sakae-ku 247-0013|
|5874-14 Izumicho, Izumi-ku 245-0016|
|548-2 Futatsubashicho, Seya-ku 246-0021|
Where to inquire
|About garbage which the City of Yokohama does not collect and recycling
||Resources and Waste Collection Operation Division, Household Waste Measures Department, Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau