May 5th, 1946
1965 Graduated from Tokyo Metropolitan Aoyama High School
1965-1976 Toyo Rayon, Co., Ltd. (currently: Toray Industries, Inc.)
Matsushita Electric Industrial, Co., Ltd. (currently: Panasonic Corporation) etc.
1977 Entered Honda Cars Yokohama, Inc. Transferred to Honda Clio Kanagawakita, Inc.
1987 Entered BMW Tokyo Division (currently: BMW Tokyo, Corp.)
1993 Manager, BMW Tokyo, Corp. Shinjuku Branch
1998 Manager, BMW Tokyo, Corp. Central Branch
1999 President, Fahren Tokyo K.K. (currently: Volkswagen Japan Sales K.K.)
2003 President, BMW Tokyo, Corp.
2005 Chairperson and CEO, The Daiei, Inc.
2007 Vice Chairperson, The Daiei, Inc.
May 2008 Operating Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
June 2008 President, Tokyo Nissan Auto Sales Co., Ltd.
August 2009 Mayor of Yokohama（First term）
August 2013 Mayor of Yokohama（Second term）
August 2017 Mayor of Yokohama（Third term）
President, Mayors Association of Designated Cities
The Chairperson of Japan Cruise Port Association
2004 Selected as one of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL's "The 50 Women to Watch"
2005,06 Selected as one of Forbes Magazine's "World's 100 Most Powerful Women"
Selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "50 Most Powerful Women in Business: International"
2014 Selected as the "ACCJ 2014 Person of the Year" by The American Chamber of Commerce in Japan
2018 Received the“Public Recognition Award” at the Eurasian Women’s Forum organized by the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- "I'm sorry, but you won't get many sales using that sales method" AkiShobo Co., Ltd
- "Take the First Step to Meet the People You Want to Meet" Kodansha Ltd.
- "The Potential of Empathy" Wani Books Co., Ltd.
- "My Lithe Work Style" PHP Institute
- "Think of Your Staff as Clients and Work Will Go Well 90% of the Time"KADOKAWA Chukei Publishing
- "With a little Bit of Consideration Your Life and Work Can Be Easier!"SHUWA SYSTEM