- When you move in to Yokohama City, moving-in registration is necessary so that you can get administrative services by Yokohama City and Japan.
- Please complete the registration within 14 days after your move. When you move in to Yokohama from other city, moving-out certificate of the former domicile is necessary.
- After the registration, you become eligible to receive administrative services such as national health insurance and acceptance of your children to public schools.
- You need to apply for administration services.
Registration of moving-in and transfer of schools?
Family Registration Division (Koseki-ka) TEL.045-978-2233
Nation Health Insurance
Insurance and Pension Division, National Health Insurance Section (Hoken-nenkinka Hoken-gakari) TEL.045-978-2335
Health Insurance is to cover your medical expense. Are you covered by any insurance?
- If not covered, you must join National Health Insurance(*1).
- If you are already covered by National Health Insurance, notify them of your new address.
- National Health Insurance subsidizes the medical expense of policyholders. There is an income limitation of coverage.
- If you have children aged 0 to 7 (in the first grade) Medical certificate for infant(*2)
*Allowance will be given until the following March 31after the child's 7th birthday.
*income-tested applied after child's 1st birthday.
- For a single-parent family with children under 18 years old Welfare and Medical Service Certificate(*3)
Child related applications
Children and Families Support Division TEL.045-978-2457
Welfare services for elderly and disabled people
Elderly / Disabled People Support Division TEL.045-978-2444
Various services are available depending on each eligible person, so please call for details.
- If you are a senior citizen
- If you have a disability
- If you have a certificate of Medical Support for Specified Diseases
Please make a reservation for application.
If you have difficulty in Japanese, you can ask for a volunteer interpreter.
Refer to "Information from Aoba Public Health and Welfare Center" for details.
Other applications and inquiries
- If you have a motorcycle with an engine under 125CC
Tax Division (Zeimu-ka) TEL.045-978-2245
You need to change your license plate.
- If you have a dog
Health Sanitation Division (Seikastu-eisei-ka) TEL.045-978-2643
Dog registration is necessary.